Trick or Pumpkin Spice Cereal Treats
It’s not only the month of Halloween and pumpkin spice, but today is National Dessert Day! I mean, come on. We had to whip up some kind of pumpkiny, spicy treat so you can get your just desserts. As in, you have our permission to eat just desserts all day. You can even make your own in, like, 10 minutes with this super easy recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cereal Treats.
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Put the mini marshmallows in a large, microwave safe mixing bowl and pour the melted butter into the mini marshmallows. Stir.
- Heat the marshmallows in the microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds. Check and see if they’re melted. If not, continue heating in 15-second increments until melted. Stir. (We suggest using a rubber spatula sprayed with cooking spray).
4. Stir the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon into the melted marshmallows
5. Add the crispy rice cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Stir carefully until all pieces of cereal are coated.
6. Spray a 9”x13” baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the crispy cereal mix into the pan with your rubber spatula. Then cover with wax paper or parchment paper.
7. Let cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
That’s it, pumpkin! Happy National Dessert Day!